Search Me

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rules

Daniel has been asking "behave yourself" means.  I don't know...act right?  Well, that isn't clear either.  He need measurable goals.  It makes me think that all of the Pharisees were on the Autism Spectrum.  Spectrum folks crave rules.  

Today, I was helping Daniel with his AWANA stuff. He was to look up a verse, read it, and answer some questions. We accidentally read the wrong verse. Oops! We read Colossians 4:1-7


1 Mastersgrant to your slaves justice and fairnessknowing that you too have a Master inheaven2 Devote yourselves to prayerkeeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving ; 3praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned ; 4 that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak5 Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders making the most of the opportunity. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person. 7 As to all my affairs, Tychicus, our beloved brother and faithful servant and fellow bond-servant in the Lord, will bring you information.


Yes, I highlighted verse 6.  Yea, ummmm.  I don't do that.  I am always very matter of fact (that may be an understatement). 


We are called to be "full of grace".  To be effortless in kindness or courtesy does not come naturally to me.  We are to behave/speak in this manor to open the door to share the selfless acts of Christ Jesus.  I don't believe that this means we have to be the syrupy-sweet kind of speaker if that isn't your personality.  


So, Daniel, to "behave yourself" is to act in a way that shows others the wonderful and perfect Savior.  One measurable rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment