Search Me

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Luke 2:52

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
Luke 2:52


As I was starting to sit down to type out what I thought was pretty interesting after reading this verse, Daniel came up to me asking to make a coke icee.  My first response was to make him wait while I did what I wanted to do.  But this verse ran quickly through my mind again.  I am regularly shocked by how much he has grown in the past nine years.  As I looked at him I noticed, not only is he growing, but this entire body is changing.  He is becoming broad across the shoulders, his legs are getting more muscular, he is unbelievable!

I have to continue thinking, though....Is he growing in his relationships with God and other people?  Am I doing what he needs to see a great, forgiving, loving God? (I know that sometimes I can show him my version on Satan.)  Relationships are so hard for him.  They don't come naturally, but Daniel is very interested in having close relationships.  For example, Daniel's grandmother is one of his favorites.  But I would never had seen that coming.  Between the ages of 1 and 3, he wouldn't have anything to do with her.  Mom, smart even though she hurt for the lack of attention from him, didn't force the relationship.  She waited for him.  She made herself available when he was ready.  I know she was miserable waiting for him to decide to notice that she was there.  But when that switch flipped, he'll tell you, "Gramma's my biggest fan." He absolutely adores her.

As I continue thinking on all of this moving through my head, Jesus is the same way.  He wants so badly to have a relationship with us.  He is waiting for our relationship to grow in spiritual stature and to notice him.  Then we'll say, "Jesus is my biggest fan."

1 comment:

  1. Daniel is one of the most loving young men I know. He is so in touch with his own feelings. He does have a bit to learn about thinking from the viewpoint of others, but God is good and He has a special mission for Daniel. He, truly, is growing in wisdom and stature, and favor with God and man.

    ReplyDelete