Search Me

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Homemade taco shell

Yesterday was rough!  I went to the store with the kids, and they were wilder than normal.  Mac tripped over a woman and apologized for her "big feet".  Gabriel was clingy and wanted to be held. Then I pulled a muscle (or stressed it or something) carrying him around.  Thankfully, Wayne came home early and let me lay down after taking some meds.  All that to say, I didn't get around to making my tortillas yesterday, but I did this morning!!!!

2 1/2 cups of flour (you can use whole wheat)
1/2 cup of oil
1 tsp of salt
1 cup of water (warmed in the microwave for 1 minute)

Mix in a mixer with the dough hook for about 3 minutes
Turn out on a floured surface and roll into a log.

Slice with a pizza cutter

Roll with a rolling pin


Cook for about one minute on both sides in a
pan sprayed with nonstick.

Viola!! Pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment