Search Me

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Canning Tomato sauce


So some little people around here think that tomatoes are "yuck", "eww", "that's just nasty", and so forth.  And that was just today.  But when I make spaghetti, chili, lasagna, or any number of other things, they are willing to "suffer" it down.  And they at least make me think that they like it.

So today's project "Canning tomato sauce" sounds ridiculous, because I am actually putting it in jars.  But I don't get to decide what things are called, so here it goes.....

A whole bunch of tomatoes diced (some people remove skin and seeds, I don't)
Enough Olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of a stock pot
some seasoning (yes, it's technical....I used salt and oregano..and a tsp of sugar to reduced acidity)

Boil until it is reduced to a liquid.  And while it is still hot put in in the jar.

If you put it in while still hot, it will seal itself.
This is 1/2 of the little ones that have decided that tomatoes are yuck.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment