I figured that I would post the recipe for my last cake and assembly instructions. I have had a lot of interest in it.
1. Make Orange Curd
2 1/3 cups of sugar
4 tsp cornstarch
1 cup of orange juice
4 egg yolks
3/4 cup butter
Mix sugar and cornstarch in a heavy sauce pan. Slowly add orange juice, whisking until cornstarch dissolves. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Then add the butter. Stir (with a wooden spoon) over a medium heat until it boils and thickens. It takes about 12 minutes. Chill at least 6 hours.
Box of Lemon Cake Mix
1/2 cup of Orange Juice
1 1/2 cup of oil
1 box of orange jello
Grease 2 cookie sheets and cook at 350. Then cool for at least 4 hours.
3. Orange Mousse
1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup of cold water
1 cup heavy cream
1 pkg of cream cheese
1 can of orange juice concentrate
3/4 cup of confectioners sugar
Heat the heavy cream to boiling, then remove from heat. The rest will be done in a blender, add cold water and gelatin and let sit for one minute. Then add heavy cream and blend for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, juice concentrate, and confectioners sugar. Mix until blended and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4 cups of heavy whipping cream
1 cup of confectioners sugar
Use a mixer until it has soft peaks. Add sugar and mix again until it has firm peaks.
Build on a larger cookie sheet.
1. Place one cake onto the cookie sheet. Option-poke small holes into cake and add a small amounts of orange juice.
2. Pipe Whipped cream around the edge of cake.
3. Add orange mousse to the edge of the whipped cream
4. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow mousse to set up a little
4. Add 2nd cake on top of mousse. (Orange juice and be injected into this layer also)
5. Pipe whipped cream around edge of cake
6. Add Mousse and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (Until the mousse is firm)
7. Add whipped cream to the side if desired
8. Add curd to the top of cake before serving.
This is REALLY time consuming, but it is SO worth it. It is a very tart dessert.