Search Me

Monday, July 25, 2011

My new thing...

So I may be slightly ADD.  (There is no H for ADHD in my body.)  I am always doing, reading, learning, or trying different things.

This weekend, I decided to make it through the week without restaurants with the exception of Sunday morning when we all eat breakfast before church.  We started Friday.  That may not have been the best day to start.  The weekends are times when I try to relax.  Not to mention it is a week until payday, so almost all of the grocery money is spent.  But I figured that this would be great for the family!  When I was a child we didn't eat out much, and when we did it was at Street's in good ole


(Note: I downloaded that picture so it isn't my fault that "Bay Minette" is cut off.)  So of course Friday was pizza night, Saturday was chicken gorditas, Sunday was tacos, and tonight will be taco casserole because I have left over taco meat.  This is the last week for free lunches at the school cafeteria for the kids, so I won't be making those meals.  I am totally loving the free summer lunch program!  The kids don't eat all the food, but they are exposed to foods that I wouldn't necessarily cook.  For example, pinto beans (eww) isn't something that I would just heat and feed to my kids, but Gabe didn't mind them too much.

All this to say, just because we can eat out doesn't mean we should.  So am taking this week and giving food a shot without the restaurants.  I know that this seems really ridiculous.  Some people can't eat out ever, and here I am trying to get through the week without it.  I don't want my kids to feel like they grew up on McDonald's or Chick-fil-a.  I want them to have the same dinner experience that I had.  A table with food and fellowship.  Shame on me for letting it get to this point.  I want to get to the point that eating out is very rare.  But on Sunday mornings, you can find us enjoying down time before the Sunday morning rush starts.

This is where I will be spending lots more time.

Luckily, I am pretty good at making these.
And as I finish this, one of my babies walked up and asked if we could eat out tonight.  Me, "Nope, get use to it."
  

No comments:

Post a Comment